It’s Earth Day! To honor our beloved blue planet, Hornblower has put together a short list of tips to help you minimize your carbon footprint and improve overall sustainability at your next event, conference or meeting.
12 Tips to Improve Sustainability at Your Next Event
1. Go paperless by using apps. or providing USB drives with handouts, speaker bios, agendas, and show guides. CrowdCompass mobile apps can help.
2. Design menus around seasonal produce (e.g. Winter, Autumn).
3. Use fair trade coffee, tea, and chocolate.
4. Build relationships with farm-to-table caterers and venues.
5. Incorporate ocean-to-table seafood dining into your events.
6. Provide jugs of water instead of plastic water bottles.
7. Give attendees refillable water bottles and provide filling stations.
8. Ensure that all disposables are sustainable and, if possible, compostable. Eco-kits have compostable plates cups, glasses and cutlery.
9. Serve to go lunches or snacks in re-usable containers or bags. Lunchskins come in a variety of design to fit event themes.
10. Re-cycle paper products, cans, and bottles. In Canada and the European Union, curb side recycling is mandatory in all major municipalities.
11. Put out bins to make it easy for attendees to discard, paper, cans, food, and garbage separately. Check out the Mobius 4 compartment recycling bin.
12. Put out receptacles to encourage attendees to recycle badges holders and name tags.
To learn more about events and initiatives happening today in the New York City area visit earthdayny.org.
About Our Private Charter Offers:
This spring and summer, Hornblower Cruises & Events wants to host your event–whether that’s a corporate team building outing, client dinner, fundraiser, concert or anything in between.
To sweeten the pot, Hornblower is offering some exciting private charter promotions* you should consider as you begin planning for summer:
BOOK BY 4/30:
Receive a free bar upgrade plus 10% off your entire event.
BOOK BY 6/14:
Receive a free bar upgrade.
BOOK BY 7/31:
Receive a free round of drinks for all guests in attendance.
To learn more about these offers, visit hornblowernewyork.com/summer-events-2015.
Learn More About Hornblower New York:
At Hornblower New York, our dedicated team of event planners strives to offer first-class event services for all of our clients. Take a moment to learn a little more about the business:
*Offers above apply to new bookings only and existing bar packages. Good for groups of 20 or more for private charters only. Other restrictions may apply.