Oh, the powerful and manipulative promises of social media. As event marketers, we often put so much focus on integrating social media strategies into our events under the guise that platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram will help to capture unique content by guests, allow event goers to connect with one another, and will ultimately improve the experience had by all at the event.
Well, thanks to some nifty research conducted by Mainstreethost, we can see just how effective social media integration is for our events.
10 Surprising Social Media Facts for Event Marketers to Know
1. YOUR BIGGEST ADVOCATES HAVE THE FEWEST FOLLOWERS
- 6% of mentions were deemed overtly negative
- Fewer than 1 in 10 mentions will come from power users
2. TWITTER HAS 6 DISTINCT COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
- Polarized crowds (i.e. politics & divisive topics)
- Tight crowds (i.e. hobbies or professional topics)
- Brand clusters (i.e. brands & trends)
- Community clusters (i.e. global news events)
- Broadcast networks (i.e. media outlets, etc.)
- Support networks (i.e. companies or services with customer support)
3. MARKETERS SAY WRITTEN CONTENT TRUMPS VISUAL
- 58% Original written content
- 19% Original visual assets
- 12% Original videos
- 10% Curation of 3rd party content
- 2% Original audio content
4. YOU HAVE LESS THAN ONE HOUR TO RESPOND ON TWITTER
- 53% of users who tweet at a brand expect a response within an hour
5. LATE NIGHT IS THE BEST TIME FOR RETWEETS
6. FRIDAY’S ARE FACEBOOK’S BEST DAY FOR ENGAGEMENT
7. PHOTOS DRIVE ENGAGEMENT ON FACEBOOK PAGES
- 75% of page updates are photos
8. FACEBOOK, PINTEREST & TWITTER DRIVE THE MOST TRAFFIC
9. AIM FOR 28, 118, OR 385 INTERACTIONS PER FACEBOOK POST
10. THERE’S A BEST DAY FOR EVERYTHING ON PINTEREST
- Monday: Fitness
- Tuesday: Technology
- Wednesday: Quotes
- Thursday: Fashion
- Friday: Humor
- Saturday: Travel
- Sunday: Food
About Our Private Charter Offers:
This spring and summer, Hornblower Cruises & Events wants to host your event–whether that’s a corporate team building outing, client dinner, fundraiser, concert or anything in between.
To sweeten the pot, Hornblower is offering some exciting private charter promotions* you should consider as you begin planning for summer:
BOOK BY 4/30:
Receive a free bar upgrade plus 10% off your entire event.
BOOK BY 6/14:
Receive a free bar upgrade.
BOOK BY 7/31:
Receive a free round of drinks for all guests in attendance.
To learn more about these offers, visit hornblowernewyork.com/summer-events-2015.
Learn More About Hornblower New York:
At Hornblower New York, our dedicated team of event planners strives to offer first-class event services for all of our clients. Take a moment to learn a little more about the business:
*Offers above apply to new bookings only and existing bar packages. Good for groups of 20 or more for private charters only. Other restrictions may apply.